Today I, ____________________, will not attend, view, or participate in anything that is vulgar, immoral, violent, or pornographic in any way.
“If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.”
Today and until April 3, I, ____________________, commit to seeking that which is virtuous, that which is lovely, that which is of good report, and that which is praiseworthy.
Using a dictionary, you can find that
- Virtuous means to have high moral standards.
- Lovely means to be exquisitely beautiful.
- The report of someone/something is the way in which he/she/it is regarded, or their reputation. To have good report means it is regarded as good, it has a good reputation.
- To be praiseworthy means that it is deserving of approval and admiration.
- Something is uplifting if it is morally or spiritually elevating; inspiring happiness or hope.
So, when you say the commitment written earlier, you could also say you seek for beauty, happiness, hope, things worth admiration and that have a good reputation, high moral standards, and spiritual elevation.